When you start Automation?

When you start Automation ?

Exactly there is marked point to start automation for any application. Its you wish, you can start automation testing from starting stage of the project (I mean whenever the project starts along with manual testing).
But it is not suggestible idea frnd, because In the starting stage of any application it is not stable (Requirements may change frequently), automating an application is time taking process. For a unstable application why don’t we waste lot of time. So it is suggestible to start automation testing on any stable application.

wondering!!! when we can say that an application is stable. For a stable application why we need testing? I hope you all get my question.

Its all up to the application functioning and customer’s confirmation to start.

From my experience the best is not to start the automation at the early stages. Instead wait for one level of manual test cycle and confirm the list of functionality that has least possibility for changes.

One more better strategy to start with automation is having the smoke test cases automated first then with the sanity and then finally with the regression test cases consolidated after a manual test cycle.

Hope you get me.

Thanks,