Graphical User Interface Testing to test the interface between the application and the end user.
GUI testing is a major part of manual and automated testing in almost all software testing companies. It involves the process of testing the Graphical User Interface of the Application Under Test. It includes checking the screens with the controls like menus, buttons, icons, and all types of bars, e.g. toolbar, menu bar, dialog boxes, and windows, etc.
For a wide coverage under GUI testing, you need to take care of the following:
- Check all the GUI elements for position,size, width, length, and acceptance of characters or numbers
- Check the alignment of the text is proper
- Check that the Error Messages are displayed correctly and are easily understood
- Check Font used in an application is readable
- Check you can execute the intended functionality of the application using the GUI
- Check that the images are clear
- Check that the images are aligned properly
- Check the Color of the font and warning messages are pleasing
- Check the positioning of GUI elements under different screen resolution