Coming to Vietnam, Tester is a profession, a new face and a lot of potential. With the great development of Information Technology, the demand for human resources in the IT industry is increasing rapidly while the actual number cannot be met. To learn more about the Tester profession and the development path of this profession, please read the article below.
Some characteristics of the Tester profession
First of all, a Tester is a person who will do the testing, finding bugs of the software, application or verifying and verifying whether the software has met the technical and business requirements or not. .
With the specificity of the Tester profession, it is not required that you attend a university majoring in IT or related. People who are completely out of the industry can also go in this direction. It is not difficult to see that nowadays, people flock to Tester so much. Of course, no matter what, having an IT background will also be an advantage to help you quickly access the knowledge and work of the Tester profession.
To become a Tester requires 2 things: Personality and knowledge:
Testers need to be careful, meticulous, and thorough. On the basis of determining that the main task of the Tester is to detect errors in the software, the more errors the Tester can detect, the better his analytical skills are, and the better his ability and qualifications are to be evaluated. Higher price. Besides, Testers need to have analytical skills, sharp judgment to better understand the project, software and build test cases. Testers also need good communication skills, especially in exchanging bugs and problems with Developers that need ingenuity and care.
As a discoverer, a Tester needs to have a positive, directional attitude, ready to make suggestions and improvements. And most of all, with each profession, each job, the most needed is job love, enthusiasm, passion for work, only then, enthusiasm will stimulate Testers to constantly try, cultivate, develop their capacity and fulfill their duties well. But how do you determine if you are passionate about Testing if you have never tried to set foot in the profession? 1 Very simple way. Try it out from now on.
Besides the natural, available qualities, to become a professional Tester, you need to learn technic knowledge.
First of all, the Tester needs to understand the testing process, the project development life cycle, how to analyze the requirements, know the TestCase design, build the Test Plan and execute the Execute Test, etc. All this work will be done. general software development process.
Not only that, Testers need to know how to use tools to support their testing process. It can be considered as a vital tool of a tester throughout his professional life. Typically, there are test management tools, error management tools, automated test tools, etc.
One thing that cannot be missed for a Tester is an understanding of Database/SQL, which helps the Tester to access and Database and perform tests without the help of Developers.
In addition, the knowledge of programming (code) is not required, but if the Tester understands how the Developers build and develop the system, this is completely an advantage for the Tester to create test cases easily. effective.
So how will a Tester develop according to the roadmap?
– Level 1: Fresher. Those who have just graduated from basic Tester training courses and started working as a Tester. At this level, you testers are completely students who have just completed software testing courses, are new to the business environment, or maybe people who have gone to work outside the industry to change jobs to testers. .
In the position of Fresher Tester, there is usually no work experience and professional certifications for the candidate. Test skills and operations are only required at a basic level for this level.
– Level 2: Junior. At junior level, you Tester understands executing test cases, in addition, can report bugs if any. A Junior Tester will have about 2 years or < 2 years of experience. At this level, the tasks assigned to Junior Tester are also of low complexity or higher. Techniques such as test plan, review, evaluation also require Junior to understand and do at a basic level.
– Level 3: Senior. These are experts who are proficient in testing techniques, usually with about 3 - 10 years of experience, understand the software testing requirements for businesses with complex applications such as financial, health, commercial. electronic…
At this level, the Senior Tester can act as a consultant, identifying problems, suggesting improvement methods, and directing the use of effective tools for test teams.
The tasks assigned to Senior Tester have high complexity with the ability to work independently, can support other members in Team/project. In addition, Senior is also suggested to know more about Test Performance or Test Automation.
– Level 4: Test Leader. Usually, after about 5 years of experience or more, a tester can take on a management role. In this position, the TestLeaders are responsible for organizing the work that needs to be done and assigning specific tasks to the Testers in the project team. Corresponding to the number of years of experience Test Leaders have are the different large and small sizes that the teams they will be managing.
Besides becoming an expert in the Tester profession, after having enough knowledge and experience at level 4, you have more new directions such as: becoming a BA (Business Analyst) or PM (Project Manager). These are all very potential development directions for you Testers.
– Level 5: Test Manager. As the ones who organize and coordinate test teams: manage metrics, plan strategies, make predictions, manage resources, and solve problems that impede testing efforts.
Test Manager is highly responsible for the success of the test team in particular and the success of the project in general.Level 6: Senior Test Manager. Depending on the hardness and number of years of experience, Test Manager can land Senior Test Manager position. At this level, Senior Test Manager ensures the highest level of expertise, responsibility and role, is able to create report files for multiple projects at the same time, and possesses a full set of advanced full-level professional certifications. .
As mentioned above, is there a way to easily see if you are suitable for the Tester profession? There is no better way, try it today, join the Tester course for newbies at the Top 5 most prestigious Tester Training Centers in Hanoi:
Thank you for reading the article.
Wish you will become a professional Tester in the future with a clear career development path and high advancement opportunities.